Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer Plans!

It's already summer break for the kids! In efforts to keep away the grumpies and fighting, I've attempted to have tons of stuff to keep the kiddos busy and having fun. We started on Thursday by decorating journals that they will write in over the summer. They really had fun picking out papers and what they wanted on it, and I showed them how to cover the books. (I will post pictures later, but they really turned out cute!) We've already had a couple entries in their journals, and it's been fun sharing them with each other. On Friday, since it was Rob's birthday, I had them each write something about their Dad. Then after dinner, they each got to share their entry with him.

The pool is open and we will take our first dip tomorrow!!! I can hardly wait. It's so much fun, and the kids have a total blast (not to mention, they play hard and thus, sleep hard at the end of the day!). We are going to grill out and just play the day away. We plan on spending a LOT of time there this summer!

I'm running my second 5K on June 12th! I'm really excited. I am by no means a good runner, but I REALLY enjoyed the first race, and want to do more! My only goal is to better my time each race, even if it's only by a few seconds. I have LOTS of room for improvement. :) My twin sister is doing it with me. She is a great motivator!

June 17th marks 10 years Rob and I have been married. Hard to believe it's been ten years. It sure has gone by fast! I am the luckiest girl around to have such a great guy. I still get butterflies when he holds my hand, or kisses me. I am more in love with him than ever. Though we (like any marriage) have had our ups and downs over the last 10 years, we've stuck together. Rob is truly my very best friend. Here's to another 10 years (and many more!). We're going to visit Rob's parents and take the kids to the beach, and then Rob and I are going to run away for the weekend to Savannah. I love that we are able to get away from time to time by ourselves. A huge thanks goes to Mema and PePa for watching the kids!

The end of June, we'll be visiting them again but this time for a Baby Shower for my sister in law. I'm beyond excited for Megan and Caleb. They are going to be great parents. I look forward to meeting little Jude when he arrives in September. It seems almost strange to watch them go through this phase of first time parenthood. Seems like I was *just* there. Hard to believe it's been almost nine years. It'll be amazing to see how this little sweet baby changes their lives forever (for good!!). There truly is nothing like being a mom!

July brings (hopefully) another beach trip! When Mom and I went to Panama City Beach in April, it was just SO fun, that we decided we really wanted to go back there again. The beaches are SO nice. Hopefully, though, this oil spill will stay away from our beautiful beach! We are planning a trip back to Panama City with Rob and the kids, as well as some of my siblings and their families for 4th of July weekend. I'm sure if we don't go there, we will find somewhere else to go, but I REALLY love it there.

That's basically our summer planned out. Throw in some library days, playgroups, and some day trips, and we've got a very full summer. I love it!

No comments: